Last night we had our work holiday party. It was a work holiday party—an appetizer potluck, with karaoke and belly dancing. Everyone was touched that our boss turned up with a spectacular sushi platter. There’s nothing quite like sushi to say “I appreciate your hard work.”
One thing we all seem to love about our work gang is that we’re a real team, both in and out of the hospital. Here’s to my wonderful work friends!
There’s nothing like this Ginger Miso Salmon to tell your gang you love them.
Ginger Miso Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon
- 2 t olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 dry shallot, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- parsley and lemon as garnish
- 1/4 c organic miso
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T hot water
- 1 T fresh ginger, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400F.
Combine all ingredients in Miso Sauce.
Coat top and sides of fish with olive oil, garlic and pepper. Sprinkle on the shallot. Roast on a baking pan for 10 minutes.
Coat fish with Miso Sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes more. Check for doneness by cutting into the flesh. Fish will flake when cooked. Garnish with parsley. Served here with a mixture of brown rice and barley, roasted onion, garlic cloves, zucchini and carrots. Serves 5-6.
- In case you’re wondering, the Hot Spanikopi Dip made an appearance at our holiday party, and it was a big hit. It’s true that I made everyone sample, but their appreciation was sincere.
- I finally saw All Is Lost and found it riveting. It looks like RR is going to be entertaining an Oscar!
- Anybody seen Dallas Buyers Club? Another great performance and a true story well told.
- Thanks to my sister Julia and our fine foodie friend, Hazel Field, for sampling and loving this Ginger Miso Salmon.
- Wondering how to make Perfect Miso Soup? Watch the video below or read this.