I know what you’re thinking right now. Who is Mimi, and why should I care about her quinoa salad? Here’s the scoop. Mimi Kitner is a good friend with excellent taste, and she just told me that she keeps a steady supply of this salad in her fridge at all times. Satisfied? You will be for sure as soon as you taste it.
Excuse me now while I go grab another bowlful.
Mimi’s Best Quinoa Salad
- 1 c quinoa, well rinsed, added to a pot with 2 cups boiling water, then simmered uncovered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dry
- 2 c finely chopped kale, spines removed first
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 c raisins, dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- 3 T each olive oil, apple cider vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 roasted peppers, chopped
- 1/4 c roughly chopped, lightly toasted almonds, as garnish
In a large bowl, mix chopped kale and raisins with the hot quinoa. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for a while to let the flavours blend. Serves 4-6.
- There are 12 Jittery Cook Quinoa Recipes:
- Mimi’s Best Quinoa Salad
- Mushroom Quinoa Risotto
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas Quinoa
- Barberry Quinoa
- Quinoa and Beet Salad
- Baby Artichoke and Mushroom on Kaniwa – aka “Baby Quinoa”
- The Right Salmon and Spicy Quinoa Mango Salad
- Red Curry Beef with Coconut and Lime Quinoa Salad
- Waldorf Chicken Salad on Cumin Cilantro Quinoa
- Quinoa, Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Quinoa Tabouli with Sheep Feta
- Red Salad L’Orignal
- Here is a Quinoa Quiche recipe, from Sparrow in the Treetop, that I decided to make for dinner. See the photo below.
- Have you read about the guy who wasn’t in love with his wife when they married?
- Arugula, Quinoa, and Plum Salad (kcet.org)
- In the Kitchen: My favorite Quinoa Recipe (thecrickette.com)
- Vegan Quinoa Salad (vegetarian.answers.com)
- nothing beats a beet quinoa salad … except maybe TWO (omamas.com)
- Chickpea Quinoa Crunch Salad (thequeenvkitchen.com)
- Roasted Tomato & Kale Salad with Toasted Quinoa (chocolateandchiles.com)
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (lesliewoodwardwellness.wordpress.com)