Do you think it’s possible to be happy for no reason? In my latest Netflix crush, called “Life,” they allude to a woman from Vancouver as being typically Canadian—that is, happy for no reason. That’s me. I’m normal. Lot’s of things can make me sad, but my default setting is “happy.”
This beauty of a recipe has many ingredients that make me happy. Did you ever eat something that made you wish for a bigger fork and a bigger mouth? See what happens to you and yours when Roasted Tomato and Mini Bella Farfalline appears on your table. Mangia, mangia!
Roasted Tomato and Mini Bella Farfalline
- 9 ripe plum tomatoes, skinned, quartered, seeded and roasted in a little olive oil with 3 bay leaves, 5 pressed garlic cloves, thyme and sea salt
- 1 1/2 lb mini Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 c white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dozen basil leaves, chopped
- 1 c pitted and sun-dried black olives
- 1 lb (500g) Farfalline, cooked for about 5 minutes, according to package directions
Heat the olive oil over medium-high in a large skillet. Sauté the onion on medium heat for 5 minutes or until it softens. Add the mushrooms and cook covered, for about 5 minutes, stirring and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add wine and cook uncovered about 5 more minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Toss pasta with mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, basil and Parmigiano. Serve with green salad and a chilled glass of Chardonnay. Are you happy yet? Serves 6-8.
- When my daughter was 2 she was crying, and my uncle said “Adrianne, what would make you happy?” She sobbed as she replied: “Peanut butter makes me happy.”
- The roasted tomatoes and sautéed mushrooms can also be served with eggs and toast for yet another delicious meal.
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (spoonful.com)
- Sautéed Artichoke Hearts and Roasted Tomatoes. (peachesandcake.com)
- Roasted Tomato and Whipped Feta Bruschetta (kcet.org)
- Roasted Tomato Mushroom Bruschetta (cookingexploitz.wordpress.com)
- oven roasted tomatoes (chocolatehippos.com)
- Easy Roasted Tomato Sauce (spoonful.com)
- simple roasted tomato pasta (phrogmom.wordpress.com)