According to The Lust Quotient, we are supposed to separate from our partners, albeit temporarily, to keep romance alive. I could say that’s why I just returned from a trip to Paris with a girlfriend, but it’s not the whole truth. We went on a culinary quest. Slowly, but surely the details will emerge on JC. I mean about the food —not about my relationship.
And speaking of lust — The first thing I reach for when I need a pick me up is dark chocolate. Whatever is bugging me dissolves after just a few bites. Check out this Grownup Serious Chocolate and see how low you can go in the sugar-fat quotients to get the mature chocolaty taste aficionados crave.
Grownup Serious Chocolate
- 3/4 c good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1 3/4 c raw cacao powder, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 – 4 T coconut nectar, or your favourite sweetener (as required)
- 1-2 T chopped pistachio nuts
In a large bowl, placed over a pot of boiling water, heat the coconut oil, chocolate, vanilla, and salt, until it melts. Mix well, then stir in 1 3/4 cups of the cacao powder gradually until thoroughly combined. Taste as you add sweetener, using less if you like that serious dark chocolate taste.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to set slightly. Cover a small baking tray with parchment paper. Use a small spoon to dole out 36 flat chocolate discs, spacing them so that they don’t touch. Sprinkle them with pistachio or cacao powder.
Freeze and remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Serve alongside strawberries or clementines.
- With this many related articles, who needs final notes?
- Millet Mug Chocolate Cake (gluten and dairy free) (thedustybaker.com)
- Dark Chocolate, Pistachios and Quinoa (itsallaboutmefitness.com)
- why chocolate is good for you! (yellowstaressentials.wordpress.com)
- Dark Chocolate Truffles (pinchofpaleodashoflife.com)
- Caramel Kissed Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten free/ Dairy free) (sandisallergyfreerecipes.net)
- Best Grain Free Dark Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes Ever (holisticallydetermined.wordpress.com)
- Carob cream pie (dairy free/grain free) (applesandginger.com)
- Nom-nom chocolate truffles (nonnompaleo.com)
- Raw vegan chocolate Caramels (damyhealth.com)
- How to make irresistible coconut oil chocolates (healthimpactnews.com)
- Coconut Oil chocolate treats regular and spicy (myculturedpalate.com)
- Homemade Coconut Oil Chocolates ~ Sugar-free and low carb! (instructables.com)
- sugar-free raw + organic chocolate with almond + coconut (nicolejoyinspire.com)
- Spicy Wild Blueberry Chocolates! (knightsofthegreentable.com)