It’s that time of year again. Spring forward. When I lose an hour of sleep, I just keep looking for it. I’m still looking for spring, too. I know it’s coming. That means Passover’s coming, too–time to indulge in this Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into chunks, parboiled for 4 minutes, then finely chopped in a food processor or hand grated. Makes 3½ to 4 cups of riced cauliflower.
- 2 eggs
- 2 c finely grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 c tomato or pizza sauce
- 1/4 c goat cheese, separated into little pinches (see photo below)
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 c baby arugula, as garnish
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the paper lightly with olive oil. In a medium bowl, mix the crust ingredients and press into shape on the oiled paper. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove the crust from the oven.
Spread the sauce on top of the crust, leaving a slim border around the edge. Add the goat cheese, onion, mushroom, pepper and sun-dried tomato.
Bake the pizza for 12 minutes, at 450F, until the toppings are hot, bubbly and browning slightly. Garnish with arugula, and divide into 6 slices. Serve hot with a fork and knife. This is not the kind of pizza you can eat from your hand–but it is the kind you can eat on Passover. Only serves 3, so you’ll probably want to double the recipe.
- Thanks to my good friend, Mimi Kitner, and her daughter Katie Schwarz, for bringing the Cauliflower Crust Pizza recipe to JC. Katie discovered Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body‘s version.
- “You make a lot of good recipes, but this is off the charts! Don’t quote me.” – said my foodie son Andrew.
- A divine recipe featuring turkey is coming up next week.
- Happy Spring!
- Watch Andrew McFarlane rap “Chi Thang“:
- Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza (recipegirl.com)
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust with BBQ Chicken (closet cooking.com)
- Cauliflower Pizza Margherita (theeightytwentyrule.com)
- Mini Cauliflower Crust Broccoli Quiches (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Healthy Indulgence: Cauliflower Crust Pizza (mklashay.wordpress.com)