Every time I come across a great tasting recipe, I want to shout “Bingo!” When my fellow food samplers confirm the score, it’s like “Double Bingo!” Then I get emails, or I bump into people who’ve made the recipe and loved it and–what?– “Triple Bingo?” And you wonder why I always walk around smiling.
Thanks to Kate McClurg for sharing her fabulous curry chicken sandwich recipe. Kate has become one of my many recipe whisperers. Bingo!
Curried Tuna Wrap
- 4 whole grain wraps
- 2 cans tuna. drained
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 2 T Greek yogurt, 2%
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c green apple, finely diced
- 1/2 c celery, finely diced
- 1/3 c red onion, minced
- 2-3 T cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c raisins
- 2 T mango chutney, extra for dipping
Blend the tuna by hand or in a processor. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the tuna with the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, salt and pepper. Either line each ingredient up on the wrap or mix them into the tuna before dividing into 4 portions. Use parchment paper to hold the wraps together. Then, you can slice right through the wrap before serving or refrigerating it in a plastic bag. Serves 4.
- Want to know how much tuna you can consume safely? The Natural Resources Defence Council has guidelines.
- Harriet Sugar Miller‘s advice–“The light tuna is supposedly healthier than the Albacore, although some studies have shown that’s not always the case. A better option is to buy canned tuna from young fish. You can order it from Vital Choice.”
- Here’s a Shrimp Curry Wrap recipe.
- Here are 16 healthy wrap recipes and five BOLD wrap recipes.
- Looking for delicious food that fight belly f-a-t? Or have you embraced your inner Lena Dunham?
- Perhaps this Curried Tuna Wrap recipe would taste equally wonderful made with egg, salmon, beans, grilled vegetables or turkey?