I admit it. I’m cheating on my hairdresser. Well, it was sort of her fault. When she took time off to have a baby, she left me in very capable hands. To make matters worse, they worked side-by-side. Now, I don’t know how to break it to her, but I may not be coming back.
Truth be told, Caren and Colleen are both excellent. They take care of the washing, cutting, colouring, styling and pampering so I don’t have to feel like an assembly line creation. Best of all, you walk out looking like the best possible version of yourself. Now, ain’t that grand?
Speaking of grand, have you ever tasted Garlicky Rapini Chips? Me neither. Give them a whirl, and credit JC if you become addicted. Try Garlicky Rapini Chips in these three ways: alone, with a side of Ricotta Spread on crackers, or in Easy Pasta with Rapini Chips. If I may, I’d like to give this recipe 5 stars. The flavour to work ratio is astonishing. So little work for so much flavour.
Garlicky Rapini Chips
- 1 bunch of rapini, use whole leaves and top 2 inches of central stalk, discard tough stem (or save for soup)
- olive oil in a spray bottle
- garlic salt
- 1 c ricotta, 5%
- 1/3 c sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), roughly chopped
- 1/3 c kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
Easy Pasta with Rapini Chips
- 6 oz fettuccelle, cooked al dente
- 1 T olive oil
- ricotta spread
- 1/4 c Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 sun-dried tomato halves, roughly chopped as garnish
- garlicky rapini chips, snipped bite-size with a kitchen scissors
Preheat oven to 350F. Spread the well-dried rapini on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spray lightly with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for about 15 minutes or until dry and crispy. Serve with a glass of wine and ricotta spread on crackers — or on pasta, with the ricotta spread, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and garnished with sun-dried tomato. Serves 2.
- Did you know that rapini is truly a spring tonic?
- In case you are wondering, Colleen works at Salon Figaro. Caren is still on maternity leave. Salon Figaro is next to the best coffee-house around– Cafe Myriad.
- Do you know the 7 habits of calmness?
- Listen to Pata Pata (below) and dance while you nibble on fresh Rapini Chips.
- red chili rapini aglio e olio (justinlovewithberni.wordpress.com)
- Balsamic chicken pizza with rapini and roasted tomatoes (sophnstuff.wordpress.com)
- Easy Rapini (sophnstuff.wordpress.com)
- Must Make Recipe Alert: Italian-Sausage Burgers with Garlicky Spinach (evesaddictionlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- A night of antipasto indulgence (sophnstuff.wordpress.com)