2012 is cooked, and it tasted bittersweet. At the moment, I’m counting my blessings and hoping for a satisfying 2013.
Roasted Squash Salad
- 2 small butternut squash
- 3/4 lb organic mixed lettuce
- 1/2 pepper each colour: red, yellow, orange, diced
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 c parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 c feta, crumbled
Roasted Squash Salad Dressing
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T orange juice
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the squash 1/2″ thick, seed, then lightly coat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, black pepper and Spike seasoning, then roast in a 420F oven for 30 minutes, flipping once at half-time.
Lay a bed of lettuce on a large tray. Sprinkle the coloured peppers, scallion, parsley and feta over the lettuce. Spread the cooled squash over the top. Combine the dressing ingredients, seasoning as required. Drizzle the dressing on, and toss just before serving. Serves 12.
- Happy New Year!! Here’s to a sweeter 2013!
- Are your ready to select among 52 Changes for 2013?
- Celebrate to the tunes of Led Zeppelin:
- Roasted Beet and Winter Squash Salad With Walnuts (nytimes.com)
- Balsamic Roasted Winter Squash and Wild Rice Salad (nytimes.com)
- Brown Rice Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese (hiphostessblog.com)
- Chili-Lime Roasted Butternut Salad (thebittenword.com)
- Roasted Squash Salad with Tahini and Za’atar (emmycooks.com)