We’ve all had hard-boiled eggs and smoked salmon in the same meal, but how about in the same bite? Eggs come is so many surprising guises. This vision came in the form of a lox lattice adorning a deviled egg enhanced by goat cheese, Dijon mustard, dill, chives, red onion and capers. It’s an awfully small canvas for such ample provisions and worthy taste.
Deviled Eggs De-Lox Ingredients
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and sliced in half
- 1 T goat cheese
- 1 t mayonnaise
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices smoked salmon, cut into 2-inch slivers
- 1 T each finely chopped chives, dill, scallion and red onion
- 1 T capers
- a small handful of watercress (optional)
Combine the egg yolks, goat cheese, mayonnaise and Dijon with some salt and pepper. Divide the egg yolk mixture into each egg-white half, forming small mounds. Lay the eggs on a bed of watercress. Sprinkle on half the chives, dill and scallion.
Top each egg half with lox in an “X” pattern. Roll a sliver of lox atop the center of each “X”. Push a few capers and as much red onion as you like into each yolk. Sprinkle on the rest of the chives, dill and scallion. Garnish the plate with extra chopped red onion for those who wish to indulge.
Now your only decision is one bite or ten. Either way you’ll be smiling.
- Thanks to New Victoria Fish for generously providing a sample of their delicious smoked salmon from Scotland to each customer who walks in their door. This is no gimmick. You taste, you buy.
- Skip the crusty bread, and enjoy this no-carb, low-fat treat.
- Win a set of Jittery Cook grocery bags! Email me ([email protected]ail.com) your favorite recipes to share, and you’ll have a chance to win a set of 2 Jittery Cook grocery bags–freshly minted! First lucky winner will be selected on June 28th. Thanks!