My dear friend, fellow blogger and editor Harriet Sugar Miller, tasted this White Bean Salad along with the Purple Cabbage Salad and deemed it blog-worthy. Bean salads are a staple — they keep well for days, fit well into buffets and travel well in lunch bags. These two salads would make a lovely summer meal alongside a serving of fish.
White Bean Salad
- 1 can (19 oz) white beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 c finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c finely chopped parsley
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T Seasoned Rice Vinegar
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate to marinate before serving, if you have the time. Tasted best after 2 days of refrigeration.
- Email me ([email protected]) your favorite recipes to share, and you’ll have a chance to win a set of 2 Jittery Cook grocery bags–freshly minted! First lucky winner will be selected on June 28th. Thanks!