In this line of work, it is important to know who to trust. My lovely yoga friend, Marie-Catherine Laduré, is the finder, Love Food Eat is the baker, and we are the happy recipients of this wonderful recipe. This is my first sugar-free, oil-free vegan banana bread and I do love it!
- 2 c whole wheat flour (or spelt)
- 2 c mashed banana (preferably overripe)
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 c finely chopped dates
- 2 T flax-seed powder + 6 tbsp water
- 1-2 T sesame seeds
For baking instructions and to visit a superfine blog, go to Love Food Eat.
- Welcome to the draw, Marie-Catherine! You are in good company competing for Jittery Cook‘s Blueberry Gin.
- Hope this inspires the healthy baker in you. Be the next one to pass on a fabulous recipe.
- I used organic stone ground spelt flour and included about 2 dozen walnuts and it tasted great.
- Shortcut Strawberry Banana Bread (seacreatively.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread (waitresseshairtiedback.wordpress.com)
- Banana Bread (whisperingmists.typepad.com)
- “Special” Banana Bread (vegontherun.com)
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (livelearnloveeat.com)
- Zucchini Banana Bread (balanceandblueberries.wordpress.com)
interesting recipe no eggs, or any moisture/liquid other than the bananas and flax +water? what is the texture of the bread?