Any occasion where food is served piques my interest. Peggy Ann Turner staged a wonderful art show and baked her own treats for visitors. As usual, I asked for the recipe, explaining how it would be shared. Lucky for us, Peggy Ann readily agreed. These biscotti taste unique. They have a sweetness that demands your attention, a perfect texture and a lovely appearance.
Triple Chocolate Almond Biscotti Ingredients:
- 1 c slivered almonds
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c unbleached flour
Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a dry frying pan, toast almonds over medium heat until they are a light brown colour. Set aside to cool.
With an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar together until soft, smooth and light in colour, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg and stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Add flour and stir thoroughly.
Shape dough into a 3 inch wide log and place on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 325F. With a serrated knife, cut log into slices just under 1/2 inch. Lay slices on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Makes 20 biscotti.
- Thanks to Peggy Ann for this recipe from the Pan Chancho Bakery, in Kingston, Ontario. The photos and the beautiful segment of a Bali painting are courtesy of Peggy Ann as well. How can one woman be so capable?
- There may still be some extraordinary paintings available from Peggy Anne’s recent shows.
- In case you were wondering, Peggy Ann is also an architect and interior designer with tips for you on how and how not to decorate.
- Enter the draw before May 4, 2012 for Jittery Cook‘s Blueberry Gin. Fill out the comment form on Contact (above) to send me your best recipes to share. Only 5 entrants so far, so your chances of winning are excellent! If you prefer, you can remain anonymous.
- Oh So Good Chocolate Nut Biscotti (azdenek.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti (irreverentbaker.wordpress.com)
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Biscotti (theoptimisticbaker.com)
- 25 Biscotti Recipes (cookinginconnecticut.com)
- Chocolate Almond Coconut Biscotti (bakerunlive.com)
- Almond & Dark Chocolate Biscotti (modebrainstorm.wordpress.com)
- Biscotti (lmnzest.wordpress.com)
- Fiber Circle & Mandelbrodt: Thanks to SM (sweatyknitter.wordpress.com)
- Nonni’s Biscotti Bites (serendipitymommy.com)