There’s a recipe I want to share from Madonna del Piatto, a blog based in Assisi, Italy. Duck breast in a rosemary balsamic and citrus marinade. It’s tasty, healthy, not too complicated to reproduce. Grilled lemon and garlic marinated eggplants is another recipe that is veritably mouth-watering just by reading.
Not too daunting ingredient list for Duck breast in a rosemary balsamic and citrus marinade.
- one 1/2 kg (1 lb) duck breast with skin
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin live oil
- 1 eggplant / aubergine
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
The author of this blog, Letizia Mattiacci, is the multi-talented owner of a B&B that I intent to visit just as soon as I can wend my way overseas. Join me at Letizia’s cooking school; Alla Madonna del Piatto. And in the meantime check out Madonna del Piatto for cooking instructions and a cybertrip to Umbria.
- Wonderful recipes from Madonna del Piatto.
- Italian Grilling Recipes To Start The Summer Off (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- A Grilled Makeover (hungrygatorgal.wordpress.com)
- Raspberry Balsamic Chicken (eatgfcf.wordpress.com)
- The Grill Is On! Grilled Vegetable Salad (spoonfeast.com)
- Fire Up the Grill: 5 Mouthwatering Recipes for Your Memorial Day Weekend (artofmanliness.com)