Oprah’s Fan Club says “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” Empowered Women Montreal Groups says “What is intoxicating in your life? Sometimes we are happy about that for the adrenaline rush, but what is intoxicating is toxic…We can all get addicted to something”. Hmmm..It seems that each point is valid, although diametrically opposed. So, which one is true?
Since starting this Jittery Cook blog, it’s been hard to decide on the appropriate number of posts per week. Three seemed like a good number following Oprah’s Fan Club sentiments. However, if addictions are toxic, perhaps a little weening is in order? Twice a week may suffice. What do you, Jittery Cook readers, think?
Eggplant Red Pepper Quiche ingredients
- 1 c spicy roasted eggplant
- 1/2 c roasted red peppers
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c skim milk
- 2 oz Manchego cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Mix the eggplant, red peppers and just 1 oz of the cheese in a round shallow casserole dish. Mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to the casserole dish.
Top with the remaining oz of cheese.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot or cold with a side salad.
- Another bon mot from Empowered Women Montreal Groups: “Multitasking will always end up depleting you. It can be addictive to be ‘efficient,’ and it can even be toxic. Just be you, that’s enough!” OMG! Did my husband put them up to this?
- Check out Amy the Family Chef and Spark Recipes for crustless quiche.