I’ve often commented that there should be a news source called “Good News”. Everyone (read my husband) told me that no one would read it. Couldn’t we all use a healthy dose of uplifting stories? So guess what? I’m not the only one yearning for a “just good news” source. Check out the Good News Network, the CNews Good News and the Global Good News. From now on, when I get a good idea, I will act on it, instead of asking around, gathering opinions and getting sidetracked.
Speaking of good news, I like to end the year on a sweet note.
- 1/2 c oil (coconut oil, pumpkin seed or your favorite vegetable oil)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 6 apples, grated
Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Doubling the recipe it took 45 minutes. Serve after cooling for 10 minutes, or eat cold.
How 2011 has been sweet for me: My son and my daughter graduated from university, my parents and my in-laws are all well enough to enjoy another year of being snowbirds (and 3 out of the 4 turn 89 this year!), my nieces and nephews have blessed our family with beautiful offspring, my husband has created an innovative product, my brother has fallen in love with Hawaii and a Hawaiian, my yoga guru has opened up a fabulous new yoga studio, my exercise guru has grown her supercool training gym, my step-daughter and my daughter have landed dream jobs, my step-son is happy with his record label and his international DJing, my sister continues to tolerate my constant need for information and reassurance, Jittery Cook made the leap from idea to reality, my cousin Robbie Sculnick broadened my understanding of decent blogging, graphic artist Michelle Glay gave Jittery Cook a sharp new look, and Susan Schwartz put Jittery Cook on The Gazette/Montreal map (check out the last two links at the end of this post). The end. Good bye 2011.
- Thanks to my mom for this Delicious Apple Cake recipe. This is REAL comfort food.
- Thanks to my kids for being home for the holidays so that I can Jittery Cook for them in the flesh.
- Read Bon Appetit to find out 10 foods that will bring you good luck in the new year.
- Read Taste of Home, A Modern Meal Maker and Lifestyle Sympatico for 2012 food trends.
- For another take on Apple Cake read Joy of Baking.
- For advice on New Year’s resolutions read Huff Post and Forbes.
- If you want some New Year’s resolutions generated for you check out this very creative Resolution Generator.