A cooking angel descended upon my house yesterday. She’s beautiful and she cooks effortlessly, teaching all assembled the tricks of her trade. Christina Abboud is a smooth operator.
I enjoy having a group of friends over to pass a few hours bonding over a cooking demonstration, sampling with relish. So, boosting the caliber of my cooking tools while entertaining…I am smitten. Christina is a pro and the Pampered Chef tools practically sell themselves once you see how well they work.
Roasted Red Pepper Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade
- 1 c roasted peppers, (not in vinegar), drained and patted dry
- 1/3 c kalamata olives, drained and pitted
- 1/2 c sun dried tomatoes, in oil, drained and microwaved for 15-20 seconds to soften slightly
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- goat cheese
- 1/2 c loosely packed fresh parsley
- 2 T olive oil (or less if you are watching calories)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c walnut halves, toasted
- baguette, thinly sliced and toasted until lightly brown
Combine parsley, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and walnuts in Pampered Chef manual food processor to chop coarsely, or chop by hand. Add peppers, olive oil and vinegar, processing to desired consistency. Makes about 2 cups, enough for 16 servings.
Serve on toasted thin slices of baguette, layered with a 1/8 inch thick sliver of goat cheese. A Pampered Chef egg slicer was used to slice the log of goat cheese into perfectly shaped ovals. Then the Pampered Chef mini scooper was used to doll out perfect tablespoon sized dollops of tapenade to complete the appetizer. Needless to say, we all enjoyed.
Watch Christina in action:
Thank you Christina! Your demo was informative, entertaining and best of all delicious. Christina Abboud is the rep with a reputation that precedes her.